Back Office Support for Music Services
RightsFlow provides a variety of services designed to support backend publishing obligations for music services around the world. Music licensing and the subsequent reporting obligations are some of the most onerous tasks confronting a music service and can represent substantial operational costs and numerous headaches (read more: link to cost of licensing page)
Fortunately, RightsFlow offers a suite of services designed to alleviate this burden at cost effective rates, so that music services can develop and grow quickly and easily. These include:
1. Publishing Services In The US:
- Turnkey mechanical licensing services.
- Full royalty reporting services and payment administration.
2. Global Reporting Services:
- Preparing reports to rights societies around the world.
- Reconciling invoices, solving data issues, and interfacing with the society on behalf of the service.
US Publishing Licensing and Royalty Reporting Services.
- RightsFlow offers music services the ability to fully offload all publishing licensing and royalty operations. By acting as an outsourced licensing department, RightsFlow provides music services an efficient way to manage publishing licensing and royalty responsibilities for large catalogs, at a cost far less than in house operations.
- RightsFlow acts as an agency, clearing publishing rights in bulk for its clients.
- We license through thousands of publishers around the world, including The Harry Fox Agency (HFA) and many ex-US rights societies, ensuring comprehensive coverage no matter how big the catalog.
- Extensive data matching techniques are used to determine copyright owner information and split percentages.
- We handle monthly, quarterly, and annual royalty reporting obligations to all publishers and societies, based on the unique specifications of each.
- License types include permanent downloads, interactive streaming, ringtones, and CDs.
- Customized licensing services are also available.
- Expert attention to address and resolve publisher issues.
Global Reporting Services
Selling music around the world requires licensing with multiple rights societies (ie PRS, SACEM, GEMA, JASRAC, etc) to cover publishing rights in various territories. Each rights society will have its own set of rates and unique requirements for reporting, reconciliation, accounting frequency, and data transmission.
If your company is involved in any of the following activities, RightsFlow can help with the often painful process of reporting to societies:
- Online Interactive Streaming
- Online Non Interactive Streaming
- Digital Downloads
- Physical Manufacturing
- Broadcast of Music (TV Stations)
RightsFlow acts as a one-stop source to manage all rights society reporting needs. Rather then embarking on extensive IT build outs and interfacing with dozens of international societies in various territories and languages, music services can send one data feed to RightsFlow and let us do the rest.